By Ross King, Jaehoon Yeon
This is a finished and distinct introductory Korean textbook and language studying package.
Korean is now the fifteenth most well liked language taught at American universities. This re-creation of uncomplicated Korean, the main accomplished and unique introductory Korean textbook to be had, deals starting novices of Korean every thing they should examine the language successfully. ideal for a first-year university-level direction use or for the self sustaining language learner. No previous wisdom of the language is necessary.
The new structure, now with dozens of illustrations, provides Korean vocabulary and Korean grammar in an obtainable and comprehensible demeanour whereas large conversations and routines aid to augment the Korean language and construct examining and listening comprehension.
This version includes:
• An MP3 audio CD and committed website.
• wealthy and hugely nuanced examples with fresh illustrations.
• exact yet on–technical grammar notes, abundant writing workouts with an accompanying solution key.
• precise examples of actual dialogue.
• hugely technical grammar notes.
• lots of writing practice.
• Dialogues, analyzing texts, and written workouts are in Hangul, the Korean alphabet, so scholars are speedy capable of learn and write actual Korean. Layered classes are designed to construct on one another, making Korean effortless to benefit from the most well-liked introductory
• Korean language textbook on hand. incorporated is a revised audio CD that is helping newcomers to talk like a local, and an internet perform part during the college of British
• Columbia that may support scholars to benefit Korean even past the pages of this ebook.
• in keeping with the fashionable Language organization, enrollment in Korean in American universities is transforming into rapidly.
on hand individually is the spouse Elementary Korean Workbook. this beneficial workbook will help you in training and sharpening your Korean language talents. each one lesson supplementations the corresponding lesson within the textbook. There are ten actions in keeping with lesson, delivering a number workouts and perform possibilities to show you how to in achieving skillability in daily, conversational Korean.
Read Online or Download Elementary Korean (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar linguistics books
This quantity is a range of modern learn papers by way of a few of the top practitioners within the box of moment language speech construction and belief. all of the papers have been awarded at New Sounds 2007: 5th overseas Symposium at the Acquisition of moment Language Speech, held in Florianópolis, Brazil, in November 2007.
Whether you don't like crossword puzzles, you could prove loving those. Designed for mother-tongue or thoroughly fluent audio system of Portuguese eager to increase their English abilities, the puzzles can also be unique to English audio system. they're formatted in order that every one puzzle should be solved in 15 to half-hour.
- Locality Domains in the Spanish Determiner Phrase (Studies in Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
- Infinitive im R̥gveda: Formen, Funktion, Diachronie
- Polyglot: How I Learn Languages
- Latvian Language Competencies for Peace Corps Volunteers in the Republic of Latvia
- Word Order in Hungarian: The syntax of Ā-positions (Linguistik Aktuell/Linguistics Today)
Additional info for Elementary Korean (2nd Edition)
4. a. 들어 오세요. b. 수고하세요. c. 아니오, 괜찮아요. 5. 안녕히 가세요! 알겠어요? 6. 실례했습니다. a. 미안합니다. b. 아니오, 괜찮아요. c. 천만에요. indd 18 질문 있어요? a. 없어요. b. 있어요. c. 다시 말씀해 주세요. 8. a. 네, 알겠어요. b. 아니오, 모르겠어요. c. 네, 있어요. 9. 고맙습니다. a. 처음 뵙겠습니다. b. 천만에요. c. 또 만나요. a. 안녕히 가세요! b. 안녕히 계세요! c. 또 뵙겠습니다. 7. 처음 뵙겠습니다. 시작할까요? a. 네. b. 괜찮습니다. c. 시간이 다 됐습니다. 10. 수고하셨어요. a. 천천히 말하세요. b. 천만에요. c. 시간이 다 됐습니다. 8/24/12 10:44:05 AM LESSON TWO: More Basic Expressions 19 Exercise 2: Match the Appropriate Response Match each sentence in the left-hand column with an appropriate response from the right-hand column.
I. 고맙습니다. 안녕하세요? 질문 있어요? 실례했습니다. 알겠어요? 그래요? 안녕히 계세요. 미안합니다. 실례했습니다. 안녕히 가세요! 네, 있어요. 아니오, 괜찮아요. 천만에요. 네, 고맙습니다. 네, 그래요. 모르겠어요. 네, 안녕하세요? 네, 알겠어요. Exercise 3: Remember the Korean Equivalent Give the Korean equivalents of the following English expressions. 1. 3. 5. 7. 9. 11. 13. 15. 17. 19. 21. 23. Shall we start? Yes, let’s begin. Do you have any questions? Could you repeat (it), please? Please answer. Do you understand? Please speak slowly. Yes, I understand. Let’s rest for ten minutes. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Just listen, please.
One more time. 12. tædap haseyo. Please answer 13. mar[h]aseyo. Please say it. 14. tašimalyssɨm[h]ædžuseyo. Please say it for me again. 15. khɨge malyssɨm[h]ædžuseyo. Please say it loudly. 16. čhɔnčhɔn[h]i malyssɨm[h]ædžuseyo. Please say it slowly. 17. hanguŋmalylo haseyo. Please say it in Korean. 18. yɔŋɔro hadži maseyo. Please don’t say it in English. 19. alygessɔyo? Do you understand. 20. [ne] alygessɔyo. Yes, I understand. 21. anio, morɨgessɔyo. No, I don’t understand. 22. čilymun issɔyo? Any questions?