By Yifrah Kaminer, Oscar G. Bukstein
Twin prognosis of adolescent substance use issues and comorbid psychiatric problems needs to be handled concurrently to be potent. Adolescent Substance Abuse: Psychiatric Comorbidity and excessive probability Behaviors provides top specialists supplying insightful viewpoints and dynamic feedback on how you can most sensible supply simultaneous remedy and built-in prone to those youths. The booklet covers the cutting-edge within the box of substance use issues, experiences varied psychiatric issues and excessive hazard behaviors, after which addresses the difficulty of built-in providers and moral, criminal, and coverage concerns referring to this inhabitants. The textual content is broadly referenced and a number of other chapters comprise important tables and figures to obviously reveal the knowledge.
Read Online or Download Adolescent Substance Abuse: Psychiatric Comorbidity and High Risk Behaviors PDF
Best pediatrics books
This factor of Pediatric Clinics covers Birthmarks of clinical value. visitor Editors Drs. Beth Drolet and Maria Garzon have assembled a panel of specialists who provide studies on themes together with Vascular birthmarks: advent and class, childish hemangioma, different vascular tumors, Coagulopathy linked to vascular tumors/Kassabach-Merrit Phenomenon, Vascular malformations, Genetics and syndromes, Pigmentary mosaicism, Café au lait, Congenital melanocytic nevi, Dermal melanocytosis, and Epidermal nevi and nevus sebaceous.
There was an explosion of information and massive development within the basic realizing of the biology of melanoma lately. This has integrated the realisation that melanoma happens whilst general mobile features are disturbed resulting in a malignant phenotype. a lot learn has all in favour of realizing the kinds of disturbances that could ensue, the contribution that those abnormalities could make to the advance and behaviour of specific cancers and extra lately, the popularity that those mobile and genetic abnormalities delivers rational ambitions for brand spanking new healing methods.
This evidence-based, totally referenced textual content deals a wealth of data at the use of osteopathic strategies for pediatric issues -- from newborns to youngsters. It discusses basic improvement, body structure, and anatomy of the structures, and it explores stipulations and illnesses of youth in addition to the explanation for osteopathic remedy.
- Child Sexual Abuse: A Primer for Treating Children, Adolescents, and Their Nonoffending Parents
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Advances in Pediatric Oncology
- EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children, Second Edition (Manual): Infants to Adolescents Treatment Manual
- Child Health Nursing (3rd Edition) (Child Health Nursing: Partnering with Children & Families)
Additional resources for Adolescent Substance Abuse: Psychiatric Comorbidity and High Risk Behaviors
2. Determinants of Phenotype Development pertaining to genetic and environment sources of variation. This discussion is followed by a review of phenotypes associated with SUD risk. As will be noted, most research has been conducted on adults; however, studies on adolescents also point to a strong genetic influence. , 2003). , 2003; van den Bree, Johnson, Neale, & Pickens, 1998). Only few investigations have been devoted to the adolescent population. In a cohort of Dutch adolescents (12 to 14 years old), it was found that variation in smoking is almost completely due to shared environment in males and females.
Trademark Notice: Product or corporate names may be trademarks or registered trademarks, and are used only for identification and explanation without intent to infringe. Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data Adolescent substance abuse: psychiatric comorbidity and high-risk behaviors/Yifrah Kaminer, Oscar G. Bukstein, editors. p. ; cm. Includes bibliographical references. ISBN: 978-0-7890-3171-6 (hard: alk. paper) ISBN: 978-0-7890-3172-3 (soft: alk. paper) 1. Dual diagnosis in adolescence.
Notably, the intensity of drug-induced reinforcement is most intense during adolescence (Spear, 2000). Psychological Traits Associated with Adolescent-Onset SUD CognitionNumerous investigations have shown that the executive cognitive functions are impaired in youths at high risk for SUD (see Giancola & Tarter, 1999, for review). These processes, subserved largely by the dorsolateral region of the prefrontal cortex, encompass diverse capacities essential for social adaptation. Disturbances have been observed in high-risk youths in such capacities as thinking flexibility, self-monitoring behavior, goal persistence, hypothesis testing, working memory, and attentional control.