By I Barry Holland, Susan P. C. Cole, Karl Kuchler, Christopher F. Higgins
''...the quantity definitely succeeds total as an in-depth survey of either the biology and the biochemistry of a ubiquitous and astonishingly assorted family members of very complicated enzymes. each staff with an curiosity in those proteins should still personal a copy.'' -CELL (July 2003) ''The editors of ABC Proteins: From micro organism to Man have valiantly tried to surround during this quantity the whole scope of analysis on those proteins, from atomic-resolution constitution to human genetic illnesses, and from Escherichia coli to Homo sapiens and Arabidopsis thaliana... What the ebook makes noticeable is that almost all ABC proteins are membrane localized, ATP based, fundamental lively transporters...In addition to advances in our figuring out of ABC transporter constitution, numerous chapters within the booklet additionally describe development that has been made in elcuidating the mechanisms of delivery. the amount undoubtedly succeeds total as an in-depth survey of either the biology and the biochemistry of a ubiquitous and astoundingly varied relations of very advanced enzymes. each workforce with an curiosity in those proteins should still personal a duplicate. eventually, this ebook makes a resounding case that many laboratories that won't but suspect it is going to quickly have a way more abiding curiosity in ABC proteins.'' ''...well equipped and incorporated superbly transparent colour photographs and figures.'' -E STREAMS (July 2003)
Read Online or Download ABC Proteins. From Bacteria to Man PDF
Similar basic science books
Iron is of basic significance for the expansion, improvement and health of just about all residing organisms. a number of organic platforms were constructed for the uptake, utilisation, garage and homeostasis of iron in microbes, vegetation and mammals. e. g. either iron deficiency and iron overload are stumbled on generally in guy: the intimate hyperlinks among iron and oxidative tension are linked to a variety of pathologies; iron has a good proven function in infections through quite a lot of microorganisms and parasites; there's a shut hyperlink among iron standards and mobile department with implications for cancers and different metals similar to copper and zinc are heavily associated with iron metabolism.
This "nuts and bolts" publication offers a condensation of biostatistical tools that utilized microbiology researchers have to practice information analyses. in keeping with the author’s greater than twenty years of utilized study and educating event, it really is offered in a straight-forward demeanour, acceptable by means of working towards microbiologists with minimum backgrounds in arithmetic.
Thoroughly revised and elevated, this moment variation of The Cytokine FactsBook is the main updated reference guide to be had for all present well-characterized interleukins, cytokines, and their receptors. an extra fifty two cytokines are integrated, doubling the variety of entries from the former variation.
Targeting the jobs of other segments of DNA, information in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology offers a easy knowing of difficulties coming up within the research of genetics and genomics. It offers statistical purposes in genetic mapping, DNA/protein series alignment, and analyses of gene expression info from microarray experiments.
- Central Pain Syndrome: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Management
- Integrated Basic Sciences: PreTest Self-Assessment and Review
- The Human Respiratory System: An Analysis of the Interplay between Anatomy, Structure, Breathing and Fractal Dynamics (Series in BioEngineering)
- BASICS Medizinische Mikrobiologie,Virologie und Hygiene (German Edition)
- Cells and Tissues. An Introduction to Histology and Cell Biology
- Instant Anatomy
Extra resources for ABC Proteins. From Bacteria to Man
3. The divergence between import, export and other systems probably occurred once in the PHYLOGENETIC AND FUNCTIONAL CLASSIFICATION OF ABC SYSTEMS history of ABC systems. However, in addition to BPD importers, class 3 contains several transporters whose function is unknown or could not be conclusively related to import. Some systems of unknown function could be predicted to be importers in view of the strong similarity of their constituents with those of experimentally characterized importers. Others, like the systems of the DRA family (involved in drug and antibiotic resistance, see above) and the CLS family (involved in the biogenesis of capsular polysaccharides, lipopolysaccharides and teichoic acids, see above), have been suggested to participate in the export of such molecules.
152, 279–290. , et al. (2000) ABCG1 (ABC8), the human homolog of the Drosophila white gene, is a regulator of macrophage cholesterol and phospholipid transport. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA 97, 817–822. , Luisi, B. and Hughes, C. (2000) Crystal structure of the bacterial membrane protein TolC central to multidrug efflux and protein export. Nature 405, 914–919. Köster, W. (2001) ABC transporter-mediated uptake of iron, siderophores, heme and vitamin B-12. Res. Microbiol. 152, 291–301. , Hofnung, M.
Nature 405, 914–919. Köster, W. (2001) ABC transporter-mediated uptake of iron, siderophores, heme and vitamin B-12. Res. Microbiol. 152, 291–301. , Hofnung, M. H. (1995) Phylogenetic analyses of the ATP-binding constituents of bacterial extracytoplasmic receptor-dependent ABC-type nutrient uptake permeases. Res. Microbiol. 146, 271–278. D. S. (1993) Component A2 of methylcoenzyme M reductase system from Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum delta H: nucleotide sequence and functional expression by Escherichia coli.